This weekend we went to a UPICK blueberry farm with the kids. Here’s what I learned…
1. My first child is exactly like my husband. Methodical, rule follower, focused, intense. She even put on her blue dress with shapes like blueberries all over it for the occasion.
2. My second child is exactly like me. Doesn’t care that much about exactness; more interested in eating.
3. It takes a really long time to pick a bucket of blueberries. 1 hour, 3.5 people =
4. I think I can be bossy sometimes. Hubby wanted to go to the beach that morning but I had it in my mind we were picking blueberries with those adorable tin cans hanging from our necks. He made a comment that he doesn’t get to go to the beach that often and he was right. It was his weekend too and I should have asked before deciding on our day. So if you are reading this Hubby, I’m sorry. And if you aren’t reading this…wait why aren’t you reading this?
5. Kids look adorable with those tin cans hanging from their necks.
6. There is something so very therapeutic about plucking fruit from a branch.
7. The best crop is in the back, the furthest away from the well trodden path. (And somewhere in there is a metaphor.)
8. I might have a teeny obsession with things from the past. How great is this scale?
9. Watching my kids get involved and interested in a new activity never gets old.
10. The sound of a blueberry hitting a tin pail is boss.